Man Immediately Puts His Car Up for Sale to Save His Sick Dog’s Life

His dog was his best friend, and he was willing to do whatever it took to save his life.


That dogs love chewing strange objects such as bottles or toys isn’t something owners are unaware of. So when Randy Etter’s Pit Bull Gemini started feeling ill, he somehow knew the dog had probably swallowed the sock he was chewing a couple of days before. Gemini started loosing weight but his stomach remained swollen. That’s when Etter rushed him to the vet hoping nothing serious was in question. Unfortunately, the doctor told him some devastating news. 

Gemini was suffering from intestinal blockage that had to be treated as soon as possible because of the severity of the condition. The thing was that the surgery would cost between $3,000 and $6,000, money that Etten didn’t have. 

However, he was ready to do anything in his power to get the money and save his beloved dog. So the first thing he did was to put his car for sale. 

A friend of his was willing to offer $2,000, but it still wasn’t enough to cover all the expenses. Etter posted about Gemini’s condition on Facebook and that’s when some random people decided to step in. They set up a fund via Street Outreach Animal Response Initiative (S.O.A.R.) in Indianapolis and raised around $3,000. 

Etten couldn’t believe that total strangers whom he never met in his life were so generous to give him the money. 

The so much needed surgery was a huge success and Gemini could eat and drink again. The blockage was removed and he recovered just perfectly. 

Doctors were able to remove a part of a sock and a part of a plastic bottle from Gemini’s stomach. Her owner says that he will pay closer attention to what his dog is chewing and playing with.

If we are not careful, our furry friends may end up just like Gemini. Luckily, her condition improved, but maybe not every dog would be that lucky. 

What do you think ?