That puppy was lucky to have survived..
One 4-month-old Chihuahua mix was rescued by local police when they had found him in a “bad shape” on a Saturday, 17 February 2017. The pup had gotten sick when he ate some heroin powder by accident while he was left unattended to in a vehicle. Now an honorary K-9 of the Carrollton Police Department, Lucky now works alongside fellow human officers, thanks to them and the staff at North Texas Emergency Pet Clinic in Carrollton.
His owners were in the midst of getting arrested as they were accused of switching price tags at a Home Depot store in Carrollton. 46-year-old Thomas Romero and 38-year-old Nina Crawford were both Newark residents. They face charges of possession of a controlled substance (heroin) as well as fraudulent destruction, removal or concealment of writing. The couple informed the officers that they had a dog in their vehicle at that time. Carrollton animal control spokesman Joe Skenesky described the puppy to be in a “bad shape” when it was chanced upon.
Watch the news report below:
The puppy was handled over to Carrollton Animal Services, whose staff brought the pup straight to the local animal clinic. Dr. Stacie Fowler and the staff took care of Lucky over the weekend, according to local authorities. Skenesky had picked the dog up himself on Monday. In a Facebook post the following day, police were happy to announce that the puppy was on his way to full recovery. He has reportedly well and loves being around with other dogs and humans – while giving lots of canine kisses along the way!
Think your friends would be interested? Share this story!